Thursday, September 16, 2010

Toad Strikes Back (Fan Game) - Boss Rush: Part 1

*gasp* Charem...LIVES?! Well, yes, sort of. I haven't abandoned YT, but I don't currently have the equipment to make movies anymore. x3 However, I did cook some stuff up on a friend's compy, so anyways... This is a fan game known as Toad Strikes Back, made by Thunder Dragon and downloadable here: www.mfgg.net . It's VERY well made, and combines elements of SMB2 (grabbing items/enemies from above), SMB3 (enemies, general gameplay mechanics), SMW ('stored' items), SMW2: YI (the bosses), and SM64 (hub world, collectible items in stages). Whew! My favorite part of this game HAS to be the bosses...custom sprites, done in a Yoshi's Island style, and each requires a different strategy. So I figured...heck, I'm putting together a boss rush! So here's part 1 of it! Sadly, I couldn't find a game cam that worked for this; they all didin't detect the game when it was running. (Probably has something to do with Game Maker games, as this is not the first time I've run into this problem.) I finally found a program that worked, but then I learned that my friend's odd sound setup made it so the computer could not record its own sound. =p But hey, the video looks great! :D And as for the sound, I've put in a lot of different Mario-themed remixes, mostly from Newgrounds.com. I spent a lot of time choosing the music, to make up for the lack of sound, so I hope it helps make the lack of sfx bearable! Also, I came up with the enemy names myself, since they don't seem to be mentioned or listed ...

amazon to Pigg http://thisishowweparty.com

No comments:

Post a Comment