Saturday, April 3, 2010

RC Pro Am NES Review

RC Pro AM, was one of my favorite games for the NES. Compared to today's console games, the graphics were not as good, but for that time period it was a great game and I remember playing for hours trying to get to the next level. It was one of those type of games that was addictive and something I'd love to see in today's systems even if it was one of those nostalgic type things.

They have brought back countless NES game, why not bring RC Pro AM back? The game was even more fun when you played with your friends rather than just playing with the NPC cars. To get a better car, you had to keep collecting the word Nintendo until you could get another car. There were other things that you could collect along the way like ammo and tires and there was even a thing that made your car go faster for a bit which helped win the race.

The key to this game was to finish towards the top three of every race otherwise the game would be over. There were times I remember thinking I was winning the race and in the end I lost maybe because the car swerved the wrong way or one of the cars I was racing against, just grabbed the turbo just seconds before crossing the finish line. Towards the later levels, it always seemed that the computer would "magically" come back to cut me off at the end. In all, it was a wonderful game that I would love to revisit anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment